from April 15 to October 15, Wednesday to Friday: 8.30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday: 8.30 a.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- from October 16 to April 14, 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
The Gardens are closed: Mondays and Tuesdays, December 25 and 31, January 1, the last Saturday and last Sunday of Carnival, Easter Sunday, Saturday during the Feast of the Redeemer (3rd Saturday in July).
The Foundation reserves the right to limit access to the Gardens in the following circumstances: when special maintenance needs to be carried out; when there is an overly high number of visitors or adverse weather conditions; whenever else this is deemed necessary.
REGULATIONS OF THE ROYAL GARDENS
All those entering the Royal Gardens of Venice must respect the following regulations, as well as police regulations regarding safety in the city and protection and promotion of its green areas.
The Royal Gardens of Venice are a National Heritage Site, and given their important historic and environmental value, they are protected by Legislative Decree 42/2004. Visitors are reminded that they must respect the site and maintain suitable decorum.
Admission to the Royal Gardens is free.
Reservation is not necessary for groups of people smaller than 10. Entry to the Gardens of groups of more than 10 people requires prior booking as indicated at the end of the following page.
Animals are allowed to enter but must be kept on leads.
Video surveillance cameras are present.
YOU ARE REMINDED
to smoke only in the area overlooking the main entrance on the Fondamenta
- not to disturb animals and not to feed animals
- to use care in areas where bees are present
THE FOLLOWING ARE FORBIDDEN
picnics and the consumption of alcoholic beverages
- the use of amplifiers and sound diffusion systems
- walking in flower beds, sitting on the ground, removing flowers, fruit or parts of plants
- leaving your animal’s droppings on the ground
- playing ball, using electric scooters and wheelie bags, digging holes, throwing stones
- writing on or marking walls, railings or trees or causing damage of any kind
- attaching padlocks or other objects to railings or inside the Gardens
- disposing of trash or cigarette butts except in the receptacles provided
- taking photographs or making videos for commercial, advertising, cinematographic uses or for television, except with the express written authorization of the City of Venice and the Venice Gardens Foundation
The Venice Gardens Foundation declines any and all liability for damage to violators and/or to third parties arising from failure to respect these regulations and for any damage not specifically attributable to the Foundation.
Wrongful and negligent actions by a visitor can damage the Royal Gardens’ heritage and will lead to immediate expulsion. The competent authorities may be informed and wrongdoers will be obliged to pay compensation for any damage caused.
PROCEDURE FOR BOOKING GROUP VISITS TO THE ROYAL GARDENS
Bookings can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +39 041 3121700
Please provide the following information:
- Date and time of the group’s visit
- Type of group/city or country the group comes from
- Name of the group’s guide or person to contact
- Number of participants
- For school groups, please specify students’ age, year in school and school’s location
- Print the email confirmation you receive. You will need to present it to the gardener on duty on the day of your visit.
It's possible to reserve a guided tour with the Main Gardener of the Royal Gardens. The visit includes an historical introduction inside the big Greenhouse followed by a walk through the Gardens to discover the botanical aspects of the place.
To receive more information please contact email@example.com